This class is designed for intermediate students who are interested in strengthening their performing skills. Students will learn the importance of stage presence, musicality, improve technique and body placement, and learn the importance of team work through performance opportunities at two nationally recognized competitions.
Our focus is on performance, NOT competition! This will be taught in a healthy, fun and positive environment. Students will find this class to be a tool in helping them grows in their performance skills.
- Ages 8 + years
- Students must have had at least 2 years of Ballet and at least 1 year of Jazz The “Pre” level classes for ages 2-5 years do not count towards this requirement)
- Students are required to take 3 classes per week. Performance class is ?in addition to? this requirement. ?Taking one ballet and one jazz class per week is part of this requirement; however it is recommended that the students take a minimum of 2 ballet classes per week.
- All classes should be regularly attended. ?Absences from class hurt the growth of the group as well as the individual dancer. ?Excessive absences may result in dismissal from Performance class.
- Proper dance attire is to be worn at all times.
- Please talk to your teacher to find out which performance class is right for your child.
- The Dancenter participates in two major dance competitions each year which occur usually in late March thru early may. These dates are TBD. These events are usually out of town. Past locations include Orlando, Daytona Beach, Lakeland, and Jacksonville, and in some cases require overnight travel.
- Each year the Dancenter schedules a local Show Case Event for Competition and Performance students to demonstrate their choreography and ability for the enjoyment of their family and friends
- Attendance at all competitions events is a requirement for this class.
- The cost of travel/food/accommodations to attend the competitions.
- A $50.00 application fee will be due at the Competition Meeting. Attendance by both the parent and the student is mandatory and will be held at the NW studio. This year’s meeting is TBD.
- Costume fee plus any additional shoes, tights and accessories necessary for the performance will be required. These costs vary by class.