2020 COMPETITION GUIDELINES
Once again, we are very excited to be offering your child an opportunity to participate in our competition program. We attend two regional competitions in the spring from nationally-recognized organizations. Each year prior to competition events we offer a competition showcase which allows the students family and friends to see their chosen entry.
Listed below are the requirements by our studio to participate with a solo/duet/trio:
Solo: Must be 12 years old as of Sept. 1st, 2019
- May perform only “one” solo per year unless you are a Senior and a Triple Corp. member of the Danscompany of Gainesville.
- Must have competed with a duet/trio prior unless you are a double corp or higher member of the Danscompany.
- Must be currently enrolled in Performance class unless you are a member of the Danscompany of Gainesville. Chrysalis must be enrolled in performance class.
Duet/Trio; Must be 9 years old as of Sept 1st, 2019
- Must be enrolled in Performance class unless you are a member of the Danscompany of Gainesville.
- Chrysalis must be enrolled in Performance class.
- Enrollment in Peformance Class or Chrysalis the prior year is a requirement before they can participate in a duet/trio.
Students may participate in a total of 2 routines.* This includes your child’s Performance Class. Please remember the time commitment required by your child to rehearse before making the decision as to how many routines you sign up to do.
*All Dancenter accounts must be current in order to participate in competition.
Fees for next year’s Competition Season have not yet been determined.
Below is a list of teachers interested in working with your child for next year. If you are interested in next year’s competition program please select a choreographer from the list below and contact them directly. Teachers do not approach the students for routines.
You are welcome to select any choreographer from the staff listed below… it does not have to be your child’s teacher.
Jeri- Lynn Rapczak
Peggy Nolan Lamb